Quality, convenient, reasonably priced music lessons that are fun and enjoyable!
All Faculty Instructors have music or music education degrees, and teachers in our Aspire Program may have years of teaching experience or be working toward a
related degree - you select your preference when you register. All are W2
employees of the company -
we are not a loose network of teachers, but rather a large team of music teachers who work and collaborate together!
Competitive tuition rates with monthly or quarterly payment plans with opportunities to earn FREE lessons, discounts for multiple children or multiple instruments and discounts for military families
Homeschool families can enjoy the convenience of day-time lessons
In our studio (where available), your home, your school or another location
FREE auto-debit service or online bill pay, in addition to remitting payment by check
FREE consultation with the Area Director upon registration and/or after the first two lessons to discuss the student's program and plan (you may always contact your Area Director for assistance!)
Helpful Area Director offering personalized customer service
Make-up lessons, flexible scheduling, and lessons 7 days a week during mornings, afternoons or evenings
At The Music Lessons Company, we believe that it is possible for you to have the best instruction, and for the best price. It is this philosophy that makes us your best choice for music lessons!
So, how do we do it? Simple: we find the best instructors through a rigorous interview and screening process, and then we offer the best possible price in your area. And, we back this with local customer service, our Music Lessons Guarantee, and many options to suit your needs.
How are we different than other music lessons companies?
- Unlike our competitors, we are not a loose network of teachers who are contracted to then teach without supervision and quality control. Our Faculty Instructors are actually W2 employees for whom we provide the opportunity for a full-time and salaried position, with the potential for career advancement. We also train, observe, monitor and track the performance of our employees based on your satisfaction.
- Unlike our competitors, our Faculty Instructors are not all selecting their own methods and curriculum "willy nilly." We have approved core curriculum that all of our students use so that we know that each student is working with curriculum that is excellent, the best in its category or field, and that is proven to really work. Then, all of the supplemental materials like solos, fun music, and other selections are chosen by the student and teacher (with the approval of the parent if the student is under the age of 18). We even have a FREE practice incentive program to help keep students on track.
- Unlike our competitors, we don't just offer private lessons. We also have a Suzuki program, Exploration Classes, group classes, ensembles, composition and song writing, audition coaching, and then many opportunities for performing through optional recitals, adjudications and competitions. Whatever the student's musical interests are, we have a qualified instructor who can help.
- Unlike our competitors, there are no long term contracts here. Just pay monthly, and give a month's (before the next billing cycle) notice to stop lessons. It's that easy.
- Unlike our competitors, location options provide you with the convenience of choosing where you have your lessons. You may come to our local studio, have lessons in your home, arrange for us to come to your school, schedule a class at your church, or work with us to have lessons at other locations in your area.
- Unlike our competitors, we offer the opportunity for make-up lessons as long as you provide us with 48 hours advance notice to reschedule. If the student is sick, call us as soon as possible and we will still work with you to reschedule, even with less than 48 hours notice. We know that life goes on, and we want the student's musical experience to fit within your schedule and the things that arise. And, since we offer lessons 7 days a week, you can find a day and time that works for you for your regular, weekly lesson.
- Unlike our competitors, we offer instruction for all ages, all levels and all styles of music. We offer toddler music classes start at 2yo, and lessons through all age ranges, including to adults and seniors.
- Refer a new student, and get 1, 30-minute lesson FREE! If a student you refer registers and starts lessons with us, you'll get a 30-minute lesson FREE!
- Performance opportunities are optional and plentiful. In our "Share Your Music" concerts and recitals, we hold formal opportunities to perform. Throughout the year, we offer a variety of other events in your area including community performances, and going to schools and towns for festivals, open houses and other events. We want you to have the opportunity to Share Your Music year round!
- We guarantee that you'll be happy with your teacher at your first lesson, or your money back! For more details, read about our Guarantee.
Our Faculty Instructors all have at least an undergraduate degree in music or music education. We have a thorough interview process that attracts the top instructors because we can offer them stability - something no other music lessons company can do - because we provide the opportunity for full-time, salaried teaching positions. You may not realize how unique this is! At most companies, teachers are 1099 contractors who are paid by the student or the hour, as freelance teachers. To the contrary, we invest in our teachers and work with them to turn their teaching in to a career with The Music Lessons Company as W2 employees. This helps us to maintain low teacher turnover, and attract fabulous teachers. Of course, we also perform background checks, training, observations and regular professional education.